NIAS is staffed by professionals with a wealth of skills, knowledge and experience, and host to a wide array of opportunities.
As such, NIAS has something to offer anyone who has an interest in modern Asia. This is particularly true of persons or institutions working with or researching modern Asia and located in one of the five Nordic countries.
Take part in the NIAS research environment
NIAS offers students and researchers access to our digital library resources, open research community and friendly atmosphere. The NIAS SUPRA programme offers scholarships and workplaces for MA and PhD students as well as resources for guest researchers.
Furthermore, NIAS’ new research theme Mapping the Human Landscapes of EurAsia. Dealing with Cultural Differences in a Globalized World acts as an extensive research umbrella under which Nordic and other scholars can collaborate and share knowledge. At present, researchers from East and South Asia together with colleagues from the Nordic region are involved in the preparation of this project.
Use our networks
Find and be found through our research information resources
- Access to the AsiaPortal with online information resources focusing on modern Asia, including databases and e-books
- Publication by northern Europe’s only Asian Studies Press
- Access to Asia in Focus – a Nordic Journal on Asia for early career researchers
In addition, you can:
- Search through our researchers or current research projects to find research partners
- Find ways to share ideas and information through our EurAsia networks
- Further your skills and learning by participating in seminars and workshops
- Seek information through our AsiaPortal
- Disseminate your findings to a wider readership through NIAS Press
- Become visible: Blog through InFocus at AsiaPortal.
- Follow NIAS on Facebook or Twitter.
- Your inquiries are always welcome, as we are always open to suggestions for new ways to collaborate.